Monday, June 29, 2009

Distressed Spots

I thought that I'd have a bit of a play with my embossing folders for the Big Sot today. What a lot of fun!
This background was run through the smaller spots embossing folder (Stampin' Up! Background folders 1) and then to give it this great distressed look, and to bring up the white under the printing on the DSP, I used the sanding block over the top. It's kinda hard to tell from the picture, but every one of those cute dots is raised and then sanded - it feels really cool as well as looking great!
Big Hint: Make sure that you sand in all directions, and do it lightly - the paper tears pretty easily if you are too heavy handed!
I also had a go at another fun technique with the embossing folders, and you can see that over on my Facebook fan page here. If you're not a fan yet, become one so that you don't miss all of the great exclusive content that I post there!
The new catalog goes live on Wednesday! It's just so exciting! if you haven't gotten your hands on one yet, give me a call or send an email so I can get one to you quick sticks. this is one of the best that I have seen in a LONG time!

Recipe:
Stamps: Pocket Sillouettes, Trendy Trees (sentiment)
Paper: Perfect Plum (card base), Barely Banana, Sale-a-bration DSP (retired and exclusive for the sale-a-bration promotion- make sure you get the freebies next time it rolls around!)
Ink: Perfect Plum
Accessories: Big Shot embossing folders, Collozzle cutting system, word window punch, new punch, retired yellow ribbon, sanding block

Hugs
Megan


0 comments: