Monday, July 27, 2009

Scalloped bird

I know - stinking cute!!!

I saw this idea ages ago, and decided to give it a try today. I used the scalloped circle Big Shot die to cut out the cardstock (you need to make sure that you line up the fold with the edge of the scallop) and then you get a great scalloped circle card. You can see on the end that it just missed the littlest bit of the edge of the cardstock. It actually makes the card stand up nicer!

Next I used the now retired circle cutter to cut out the middle of the front. I cut out the next largest circle out of vellum cardstock, and then stamped the image onto that. This is the largest image in the Level 2 Hostess set "Wings of Friendship". Book your workshop now to get yours FREE!

Big Tip: Make sure that the image is DRY before you start working with it. It will smudge a bit if you don't let it dry first. You could give it a quick hit with the heat gun if you are a bit impatient!

The 2 way glue pen on the inside of the pink circle adheres the image onto the cardstock, and there you go! A lot of WOW for not that much effort!

Then I just used the paper piercer to give a little dimension and detail around the circle (I just free-handed it)

If you would like to have me demonstrate this technique at your workshop, give me a call today to book in a date. 303 805 2344 or send me an email here.

I can't wait to create this with other colors and images...

Hugs
Megan

Recipe:
Stamps: Wings Of Friendship (Level 2 Hostess Set)
Paper: Pink Passion, Vellum Cardstock
Ink: Pink Passion
Accessories: Scallop Circle Bigz Die for Big Shot, Circle Cutter, 2 way glue pen, Paper Piercer

0 comments: