Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pierced spotlight

This is such a fun technique and I'm really happy with the way that it turned out!

I decided to use one of the images from the "Friends 24-7" that I rarely use, and now I think it is becoming one of my favorites!!! (Check out my Facebook page here to see another card that I created with it!)

So, the idea behind this technique is to pierce the paper around a circle and then color only THAT space. I am so excited that we are selling the paper piercer separately now - do you have one yet? I actually used the reverse template as well to sponge around the inside of the circle, and it gave it a great dimension. Love it!! I will sooooo be using this technique again!

Here is a close up of the detail in the spotlight...

I added a little more shading to the flowers b using the white gel pen to add highlights. Simple, but very effective!

Someone needs to have this card - could it be you? Leave me a comment (just click on the link at the end of the post that says Comments!) and it will let you post a comment. I'll let you know who wins it!!!! Good luck...

Hugs
Megan

Recipe:
Stamps: Friends 23-7
Paper: Elegant Eggplant,Whisper White
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Black Stazon, Perfect Plum,
Markers:Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, White gel pen
Accessories: 1 1/4"& 1" Circle Punches, Circle Scallop Punch, Elegant Eggplant Ribbon, Paper Piercer

0 comments: