Thursday, July 30, 2009

Double Bug Roses

Here's a really fun technique that I've just learnt, called double bug (nope - I have no idea either!!!!!)

You use and embossing folder, or a Texturz plate (I used the texturz plate with the checkerboard pattern from the kit #4) and you rub lightly with ink so that the raised parts get covered in ink.

Now here is the cool bit. You put that cardstock back into another different folder (Manhattan Flower Folder) and run it through the Big Shot 3 more times. That flattens out the first lot of texture and puts another layer over it. Ink over that one and you get a VERY cool look.

If you don't have a Big Shot yet, you can go online here and order it right off my website. There is barely a day that I don't use mine, and I know that you'll love it as much as I do!

Hugs
Megan

Recipe:
Stamps:Wings Of Friendship (Level 2 Hostess set)
Paper: Pink Passion, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Pink Passion
Accessories: Big Shot Texturz Plates Kit #4, Big Shot Embossing Folder Manhattan Flower, Scallop and Large Oval punches

0 comments: