Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sponged Tulipe

Isn't this stunning? I am falling in love with my "En Francais" Background stamp again this week! And I just LOVE how this card turned out.

I stamped the background image in Versamark and then embossed it with white embossing powder. Then after I had cut out the Tulipe design out of scrap paper with the Big Shot, I used the 'leftover' as a mask and sponged Creamy Caramel with a sponge dauber over the background. Big Tip: Use some removable adhesive to keep it in place while you sponge.

The Tulipe design is a Stampin' Up! exclusive - you can only get that one from me folks!!! (well, or another SU! consultant!! But I'm your fave, right?!)

It looks like the writing in the background is stamped over the Tulipe design - cool, huh? The ink wont stick to any of the embossed image and that's how you get such a cool look. I used the same technique here on this card over on my Facebook page, (it's exclusive content for my Facebook fans!)

Hope you enjoyed this - but if you'd like to learn how to do it for yourself, give me a call and I'll book you in for your own personal class with some of your friends!

Hugs
Megan

Recipe:
Stamps: En Francais Background Stamp
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Tulipe Big Shot Die, Gold Brads, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool


0 comments: