Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Coral Medallion

I LOVE this new Medallion Background stamp! isn't it adorable?

I wanted a pretty plain background to see how the Texture Plates looked over stamping - and this is what happened! Cameo Coral is not my favourite colour at the best of times, but when I looked in my cupboard to see what colour had the most in it's little space, I realized I needed to use it. With some sponging to 'grunge' it up a bit, it doesn't look too bad!

So, I sponged the Medallion image on the Coral layer and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Stampin' Up! exclusive Texture plate, Perfect Details. Love that thing!(Feeling the love today??!!) After sponging the edges, that layer was pretty much done with.

The sentiment part just kept evolving! I love the sense of creating when those things happen. I wasn't liking it just layered, and didn't like it with the ribbon behind it, so i decided to use some brads to hold the ribbon around the edges of the large oval. The coral oval actually has the centre cut out. Big Tip: Punch out the smaller oval first and then you can centre the larger oval over the top of it so that it is perfectly centred.
Big Big Tip (actually probably the biggest when it comes to punches!): ALWAYS, always, always stamp your image before you punch it out! You really should trust me on this one - it is very hard to get those stamps centred on a punched out bit, even with the Stamp-a-ma-jig!

I threaded the ribbon through it and secured it with the brads before I adhered it to the Gray oval. And there it is! Now if you would like to learn some cool tricks with ribbons, give me a call to book your workshop today! 303 805 2344 Now that the kiddos are all back in school, you've got all the time in the world, right??? LOL!

Hugs
Megan

Recipe:
Stamps: Medallion Background Stamp, Elegant Thank You
Paper: Cameo Coral, Going Gray
Ink: Going Gray
Accessories: Small and Large Oval Punches, basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Silver Brads, Big Shot Perfect Details Texture Plate

0 comments: