Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Renee!

Here's a card that I created for my sister-in-law's birthday.

Remember when I told you that as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I get great FREE stuff? Well, part of the great FREE stuff that I received this quarter was the fabulous Pretties Kit ($29.95, page 178 IBC) This was the first time that I had broken them out - and I'm a little mad at myself for not using them before! I LOVE them!! It's full of fabric flowers in differing sizes as well as some gorgeous little pearls and beads. Very fun.

On to the card! I used some of the In Colors - Crushed Curry and Rich Razzleberry. This may be my favourite colour combo to date! The stamped focal point image is the largest in the Razzle Dazzle stamp set, and I used the simple Rock and Roll technique.

This technique is so simple, but gives great results. You ink up the stamp in the regular manner (well - your style at least! I'm pretty firm with my stamps, so I give them a good smack down on the pad and then a bit of a twist! how do you ink up yours? I'd love to know!) Now comes the rock and roll part! You carefully roll the image so that the edges grab some of a darker colour. I think that it looks like you did something far harder than you actually did!

This is a great technique to show your friends at a workshop. I'd love to teach yours! Give me a call to book yours today on 303 805 2344.

The flower was inked using the same ink pads that I used to stamp the image. I used a sponge and coloured the outside of the petals and went around he flower two or three times until the colour seemed right to me. Then I went back with the Rich Razzleberry ink for the middle. A clear rhinestone brad from the Pretties kit finished off the flower. Big Tip: use a sponge to lightly place ink on the flowers and go back over them. The ink will dry in between the time it takes to get back around to the original petal, and you can use it immediately. If you put too much ink on at once (by placing the flower directly onto the ink pad, which is definitely an option) it will need to be placed aside and let to dry, and if you have a short attention span like me, you might move on and forget what you were doing with it!!

I'd love to see what you do with the flowers in the Pretties kit. What? You don't have any? You can order them from me or directly though my website here.

Hugs
Megan

Recipe:
Stamps: Razzle Dazzle, Curvy Verses
Paper: Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Black Versamark
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry Spotted Ribbon, Pretties Kit - medium flower and rhinestone brad, Cutter Kit (to distress the edges of the focal point), Sponges

0 comments: