Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's a bit hot for Christmas, but...



...I couldn't resist re-creating a card that I had seen on my web wanderings. (Again, if this is your original idea, I would love to give you credit, but I don't remember where I saw it, so give me a reminder!!)

It's a fantastically simple technique called reverse masking, and the results are stunning. I happened upon a delicious color combo also - Rich Razzleberry and Bermuda Bay. Aren't they gorgeous together? They are 2 of the new In Colors and if you haven't seen them yet, make plans to son!

So, you cut out the circle from some scrap paper (I used the now retired Coluzzle system, but any cutting system will do!) and tossed the circle! Use the remaining paper as a stencil and hold it firm while you stamp over it.
Big Hint: You may want to use some Dotto (or other removable adhesive) to keep it in place.
Another Big Hint: Make sure that the piece of scrap paper is big enough to cover all of your 'good' layer, in case the stamp you are using is big, it wont go over the edges and get on your working piece.

Leave the mask on after you have stamped so that you can sponge on some color around the edge of the circle. When you are happy with the look you have achieved, remove the ask and you have a sensational circle. After you add on a punch you have a fantastic Christmas ball. Love it!

If you would like to give this technique a try, it's a great one to make at your own Hostess Workshop. Give me a call and we'll book a time! 303 805 2344 I can't wait to show you and your friends more fantastic techniques!

Hugs
Megan

Recipe:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay (ink pad and marker)
Accessories: Round Tab Punch, Bermuda Bay Spotted Ribbon, Sponge

0 comments: