Monday, March 1, 2010

Shabby Chic Vintage Vogue


Got into a bit of a shabby mood this afternoon! Do you like it? I think you either love this look, or you could live without it! I love the way that my fingers are so messy afterwards - I look like I've been creative!
I am also in love with these new 'Vintage' stamps from the mini catalog. There is a fabulous stamp set (in wither wood mounted or clear mounted) called Vintage Vogue and a matching jumbo roller called Very Vintage. If you like this look, you need these stamps!
So how did I do it you ask? The card base is Rich Razzleberry (an In Color that finished soon, get it while you can), the right hand side of the base is wheeled with Very Vintage. Then there is a layer of Close to Cocoa that I stamped with the En Francais background stamp in Basic Brown ink. I used the floral ivy image form Vintage Vogue to stamp in Rich Razzleberry over the top of that.It as then wheeled as well- it has a lot going on!
The top layer is Creamy Caramel with En Francais in Basic Brown, with more of the images form Vogue over the top of that. All of the edges were really distressed, this one was crumpled a fair bit,and then I just put the ink direct to paper (basic brown). I sponges up all of the edges and then added the flower and the sentiment.
The flower is fabulous, isn't it? I copied the idea from one I saw on YouTube today (I think form Patti Benett?). It's a 12"x 1" slice of Razzleberry edges with the new pinking Hearts border punch and then pleated around a circle. Easy peasy and oh, so cute! Give it a try and let me know how you went!
Get on line now at my site and order the Very Vintage wheel and the Vintage Vogue stamp set -then you are well on your way to the $50 you need to get some FREE stuff because it is STILL SALE-a-bration!
have a great night
Hugs
Megan

0 comments: