Monday, October 17, 2011

Faithbooking with Stampin' Up!

Who knew that God would use Stampin' Up! to lead me on such a faith journey??

It's been coming on for quite a while, but yesterday and today God has really shown me what I believe to be the direction of my life from here on. And I am so pleased that Stampin' Up! will be such a huge part of that.

Here's the page that I made about it:


(I think that I may have to re-do the printing of the verse. I hit the 'crumples' with soft  suede ink and I think it might be too dark)

The verse at the top is Joshua 1:6-9 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
 7 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

I had a great quiet time with God this morning and I was led to these verses and it just resonated within me. Yesterday the whole process started - I had a great prayer time with my good friends Marcy and Kim, and we did a lot of work on some of the things that had been holding me back from being all that God had created me to be.

So this morning when I was working through what all of that meant, I really felt that God was saying that He wanted me to use SU! as a way to reach out to other women who might need Him. At the beginning of the year when we were still studying Isaiah at BSF, He had given me the verse  Isaiah 54:2 1 Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back, lengthen your cords, strengthen your cords."

I still felt that there was something holding me back (which is what led to the prayer time with the girls) and then 2 verses down He had these gems for me: "Do not be afraid, you will not suffer shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated."  How precious is our God?

So am I enlarging me tent with this blog. Have you ever noticed that the little sub title of this blog is "Meaningful Creativity"?  I really feel that that is not a mistake - and now is the time to make thi joy of paper crafting become more meaningful. So I'm asking you to join this journey with me and see what God has to teach us and to show us.

the journalling on my page says, "This morning began a new and very exciting chapter in my life. Well - I guess it began yesterday with a prayer time with Marcy & Kim - but today God gave me these verses, and a bit of a vision for my life. Who knew that Stampin' Up! would be more than just a great hobby, & a way to make money? God has shown me (again & again actually!) that this will be His instrument for me to reach the people He has called me to. I'm so excited - & overwhelmed by His love. =)


I can't wait to add more and more pages to this album as a way to travel along this journey. I would LOVE it if you would join me. Add a link to your pages so I can see hat God is doing in YOUR life too!!!

 Th paper on this page is the new Pumpkin Spice in the holiday mini - it's gorgeous and my new favorite. Remember you can by things directly from my SU! site (meganv.stampinup.org) and don't forget to pick up some Pool Party cardstock (the blue on the page) - it's just delicious and you will be sooooo sad if you don't start using it straight away. It's one of our In Colors and so it will only be around for 2 years.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do girlies - so I hope I have inspired you to go and get inky!!!

Hugs
Megan

0 comments: